25 Jun REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR PROVISION OF MEDIA SERVICES TO THE AFRICAN NATIONAL CONGRESS FOR THE 2019 ELECTIONS CAMPAIGN
The African National Congress is in the process of securing a range of media and
communications services for the 2019 Elections Campaign. The intention is to
appoint a panel of agencies that will co-operate jointly and be led by an internal
communications team. The ANC reserves the right to hire agencies for specific parts
of the campaign on a project basis. The ANC also reserves the right to buy media
• Lay the Foundation and Marshalling our Forces: Until July 2018
• Engage the People: July to December 2018
• Launch and intensify campaign – From January 2019 to Election week
The media and communications campaign will be intensive from January 2019
• Connect with people as part of the ANC’s programme of renewal and unity.
• Improve election performance nationally and in all 9 provinces.
• Proactive Brand and Reputation management.
• Improve visibility of the campaign in all channels and to all target groups with
special focus on new and young voters.
• Improve Voter Registration and election turnout.
The Brand communications strategy and implementation will support and enhance
the work of ANC structures who will be working on the ground through direct contact
Whilst the ANC conducts its own analysis of the communication environment, target
markets and key messages it will be an added advantage for the successful agency
to share its views on this.
TERMS OF REFERENCE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The ANC invites you to submit proposals of interest in working on the election
Please provide comprehensive proposals according to but not limited to the
following services through the line:
• Media Planning and Buying
• TTL services (Communication strategy, Account Management), ATL Advertising
(Concepts and production) BTL (Collateral design and production, creative
development and execution of “look and feel”.)
• Digital (including social media) marketing.
• Strategic Public Relations and media monitoring.
• Activations and Event Management.
The contract will run from the time of appointment to the end of the month post the
Elections date 2019. Payment terms will be agreed in the contracting phase.
Submission of Information
Submissions should, among other things, indicate the following:
1. Credentials and experience the company has of campaigns that are similar to
the one being contemplated – in terms of content, objectives, audience and size.
2. Profiles of the Team who will work on the campaign should the bid be successful
3. What target segments and media the company thinks would be relevant to this
4. What the company’s capacity is to provide all the services listed above.
5. How the company would wish to cost and bill for the services indicated above.
6. The percentage of previously disadvantaged individuals (PDIs) within the
ownership and staff composition of the company, and any other factors which
may be relevant in terms of affirmative procurement and black economic
empowerment policies. Please provide BBBEE certificate of compliance.
Preference will be given to Level 1 bidders.
7. Whether the company is currently or has in the past worked for any other
political parties, and whether the company would work for other political parties if
it was working for the ANC.
8. A valid Tax clearance certificate
FORMAT AND DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION
Kindly submit the proposals electronically to Vuyisa Manyandela at
firstname.lastname@example.org; or email@example.com and in 3 hard copies,
by the due date: 27 June 2018 to:
Chief Albert Luthuli House
54 Pixley Seme (formerly Sauer) Street
BID PROCESS TIMELINES
These are draft timelines that are subject to change.
• Submission of credentials and proposals Deadline: 27 June 2018
• Shortlisting – by early July 2018
• Presentation to an ANC panel by the Agency that will work on the campaign – To
• Signing of NDA.
• Contracting with successful bidders – by end August 2018.
For any queries regarding this RFP kindly contact Donovan Cloete on
071 461 2989.